A list of things I wish I would have known:
- When you drink (and you will), make sure you eat something meal-like first. Otherwise you will be wasted off of two shots, and may end up eating an entire can of Pork and Beans to try and offset the alcohol (which doesn’t work btw)
- Beware of bicyclers when walking or driving. They have a tendency to go wherever the fuck they want, be that into the side of your car or running you over on the sidewalk. Fucking bikers.
- Do your homework two days before it’s due. Especially on papers, because you don’t want to end up like me. Aka doing a 7 paged paper final three hours before class starts.
- Don’t go and buy a notebook for every single class. Buy a big 5 subject (Five star is what I like) notebook. It keeps your backpack less messy and you don’t lose it nearly as easily.
- Try to be organized. I am a VERY unorganized person and I know it cost me an A in one of my classes, because I kept forgetting homework assignments’ due dates. Plus studying in a messy room sucks.
- There are lots and lots of boys (and girls, if that’s what you like :D) at college. Some of them just want sex, some are looking for a hot girlfriend and some are looking for love. Be sure you understand what they’re looking for before you’re in too deep.
- Avoid ex-boyfriends. They are ex’s for a reason. Especially avoid them when you’re drinking, because they might end up trying to make out with you (and some might be successful!!)
- Call home at least once a week. It pays to be on good terms with your parents when you need to call for money. Which you will.
- Dress in layers. Some classes are like hell, and some are like Antarctica. Having coats to strip off/put on can be the difference between a comfortable and miserable day.
- Have a snack in your bag at all times. I don’t know how many times I had to skip breakfast from being late, or lunch, or just plain got hungry in between classes. Having a granola bar, piece of fruit or pack of poptarts made all the difference in the world.
- Invest in your own coffee maker, creamer and anything else coffee/energy related. It will save you so much money in the long run instead of buying Starbucks three times a day, every day.
- When you drink, have at least one person you trust with your life around who is sober. That way you don’t get penises drawn on your face. Or put on your face. It has happened before.
- Invest in a mattress topper. Dorm mattresses suck ass.
- Have down time planned, especially during Dead week and Finals week. Otherwise you will jump off a building. Or at least contemplate it.
- Save money as much as possible. You’ll be happy when your car makes it all the way home instead of dying half way there.
- Tents in the middle of dorm rooms totally count as going somewhere for Spring Break.
Remember why you came to college. To get a degree, to learn something, to make new friends and to escape parents. If you came to college only to party, you’re wasting a shitton of money there bro.
Love you guys,
Every year in March there is a National No Makeup Day when women are encouraged to bare their fresh faces to the world. In recent years this has proved controversial, with beauty fans wondering what it is about their made up faces that is so wrong there needs to be a day when they go without it. Others, however, feel that it gives women a chance to face the world without hiding behind a mask, and embrace the opportunity to do just that.
I’ll be participating, so what I want to know is, will you?
Reblog this, and lets see how many girls on tumblr we can get to go without makeup!!
NOTE* I LOVE makeup too! I have ordered a couple things from Ebay and am waiting for them right now! But, I feel like having a day dedicated to Inner Beauty is so so important! Thank you guys for your support! I love you all!!!
Okay, so something I’m going to start doing on a regular basis is a list of things that I love/used a lot during the month, and not always beauty products! Beware, this is EVERYTHING!
- Carol’s Daughter Health Hair Butter for Natural Hair. You can get this at Sephora
- Dove Damage Therapy Frizz Control Taming Cream. Walmart!
- Wet and Wild Silver Glitter nail polish.
- The movie Dear John <3
- Victoria’s secret bra. Yup, I went there. If you don’t own one of these bad boys, go to the store, and buy one. Not some super huge padded one, a natural one. I swear, you’ll have to wash it every other day, because they are so comfy.
Thai Deoderant Stone Thai Crystal Mist Deodorant Pump. Okay, this sounds strange, I know. So what happens is right after I get out of the shower, I spray this stuff on my underarms. Let dry, apply Deodorant (either ban or secret). It’s been 90 plus these past couple of days, and I haven’t been all sweaty or smelly. I swear, it’s amazing!!
okay so I think that’s everything on my list right now..If i remember anything, I’ll add it!
Felt like uploading some random pictures I just found on my computer!
World’s most awesome Nephew :D
^ During Senior trip us girls put mascara on the guys (this is shawn). He wanted to curl his eyelashes, so we handed him a curler and he’s like “Holy! It looks like an 18th century torture device!”
^ Senior trip, no makeup and sunburned :(. Also before I dyed my hair blonde.
Yes. You are currently looking at a van covered in political posters…
Senior prom. That dress was HUGE!!!!
Me and Tim at his house before prom. It was snowing so badly that they called a blizzard warning and we thought everything was going to be cancelled. I got stranded at his house for two days! That’s montana weather for you…
And that’s about it. Hope you don’t mind the random, huge post :D
I love you all!